The functionalities of the website https://www.eu-step.eu/ (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”) involve processing the personal data of Users (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
Expertise France undertakes to ensure that this processing complies with the legal framework of the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
In this respect, Expertise France wishes to give Users of the Website (hereinafter referred to as the “User(s)”) the following information concerning the processing of their Personal Data.
The Personal Data collected and processed by Expertise France refers to any kind of information and data to individually identify Users, directly and indirectly, as natural persons. Similarly, they may also refer to any other individual that may be connected to the Users if it involves a legal person.
This information and data concern the following elements:
- The identification of Users: first name and surname, position, institution, country, personal contact details (for example, address, telephone number, e-mail address);
The purpose of processing the personal data from the Website contact and newsletter registration form is to put Expertise France in contact with the Users who complete it, and to allow the Users who complete it to receive this newsletter and be informed about Expertise France’s news regarding the STEP programme
Expertise France undertakes not to use the Personal Data for purposes other than those mentioned above in order to ensure their confidentiality.
- PROCESSING METHODS
The Personal Data collected from the Website through the contact and newsletter registration form are processed by Expertise France’s STEP backstopping team.
The Personal Data collected through the contact and newsletter registration form are kept by Expertise France throughout the period during which the User that has provided them wishes to receive this newsletter. Users can unsubscribe at any time. The data will subsequently be deleted.
All the Personal Data are stored on secure computer servers to protect them and guarantee their confidentiality.
- RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL DATA
Expertise France guarantees the following rights for Users whose Personal Data it processes and/or has processed:
- Right of access: Users can access the Personal Data concerning them collected by Expertise France at any time.
- Right of correction: Users can have the Personal Data concerning them held by Expertise France corrected at any time.
- Right of objection: Users can refuse the processing of Personal Data concerning them by Expertise France at any time.
- Portability of Personal Data: Users can request to receive the Personal Data concerning them held by Expertise France in a structured format. They may also ask Expertise France to transfer them to another processing manager.
- Right of deletion: Users can request Expertise France to delete the Personal Data concerning them.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: Users can request Expertise France to partially process the Personal Data concerning them.
To obtain information concerning these rights, to exercise these rights, or to ask any questions concerning the processing of their Personal Data, Users can send an e-mail for these purposes to email@example.com.
Users are recommended to give a reason for their request to exercise rights concerning the Personal Data held by Expertise France.
However, Expertise France reserves the right to oppose this type of request for overriding reasons, in particular when such requests have the effect of blocking the purpose of the above-mentioned processing. It will then be up to Expertise France to justify itself on this point.
Users may lodge a complaint with the control authority of their place of usual residence, place of work or place of the alleged offence if they feel their interests have been prejudiced in the processing of the Personal Data by Expertise France. The control authority responsible for data protection in France is the CNIL.